Monday, January 9, 2012

It's funny this summer I'm having my biggest failures to date, the tomato plants need to be pulled out, and lots of other plants all have spots from the funny weather, the watermelon and the rockmelon plants all died bar one of each. While the small pickling onions went awesome all the large red onions were eaten by Ninny (the goat) as were 5 cherry tomatoes plants ( which were the only ones producing well) and she also attacked  the purple beans and the eggplants, it really wasn't her fault as we forgot to lock the gate. But if anything I feel more inspired. I feel that the failures are teaching me how to do it better next time,  to change how I go about
things and to realise that sometimes the best thing to do is to just go with it and to embrace your failure


 I think receiving awesome books in the mail helps too, I have already picked some recipes from the preserving book I want to try and to say I'm impressed with Carla Emery's book - the encyclopedia of country living is an understatement, its by far the best book I have read to date to date that covers such a board range of information, I can see myself referring to this book over an over I wish I hadn't waited so long to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment